Home of the AbStar Fitness Trainer
Benefits from the AbStar Fitness Trainer
- Our Exercise Star creates a safe, unstable exercise surface and vastly improves upon big, bulky exercise balls.
- It makes exercising more efficient and fun.
- Exercising on an unstable surface enhances muscle recruitment and benefits* for most exercisers.
- Easy to use, carry, and store, it’s great for use at home or in the gym.
- Safe and easy to sanitize with alcohol or disinfectants.
- Supportive, compact, and only 10 inches high means you’ll never fear falling off.
- Never re-pump, because the AbStar Fitness Trainer’s industrial strength valve prevents air loss.
- The built-in, anti-slip base inhibits rolling. It stays where you put it!
- Core exercise with the AbStar may help you reduce back pain and improve your balance.
- Compact and lightweight, one size fits all.
- Great for home or gym exercisers, group fitness classes, and personal trainers.
Click on the images below to see just a few of the many ways to use our fitness trainer.
- Low 10-inch surface means no falling off
- Anti-burst with a 500 lb. rating
- Anti-slip base means it stays where you put it
- Only 3.6 pounds and 20 inches in diameter
- Easily clean with soap and water
- Easy to sanitize with alcohol wipes or disinfectant sprays
Achieve safe, effective, versatile exercise wherever you work out.
- Patented rounded-star design ensures proper exercise positioning
- Increases muscle fiber recruitment
- Makes ab exercises, back extensions, side bends, and planks more potent
- Move quickly between exercises to achieve fitness goals faster
- Compact size enhances continuous muscle tension during core exercises
It’s perfect for beginners and advanced exercisers alike.
- Benefit from bodyweight exercises on an unstable surface
- Squeeze the AbStar to build muscle and improve stamina
- Work inner thighs, chest, abs, biceps, triceps, legs and the whole body
- Use at home, in the gym, or in the pool
Use versatile exercise options to improve strength, stamina, and stability throughout your body.
Why Exercise on an Unstable Surface?
*From Applied Physiology, Nutrition, and Metabolism, 2010, 35(1): 109-112, https://doi.org/10.1139/H09-128
“When similar exercises are performed, core and limb muscle activation are reported to be higher under unstable conditions than under stable conditions. However, core muscle activation that is similar to or higher than that achieved in unstable conditions can also be achieved with ground-based free-weight exercises, such as Olympic lifts, squats, and deadlifts. Since the addition of unstable bases to resistance exercises can decrease force, power, velocity, and range of motion, they are not recommended as the primary training mode for athletic conditioning.
However, the high muscle activation with the use of lower loads associated with instability resistance training suggests they can play an important role within a periodized training schedule, in rehabilitation programs, and for nonathletic individuals who prefer not to use ground-based free weights to achieve musculoskeletal health benefits.”**
**Bold type added by Team AbStar.
Our mission is to help millions of consumers worldwide achieve safer, more efficient exercise by providing cost-effective, durable and innovative fitness products.
“LOVE it! It’s the first time I have enjoyed doing abs in my workout. So much better than a ball, or working just off of the floor. Gives back support and still works out my abs thoroughly. Great for inner thigh squeezes and the lat pulldown position gives you stability while maintaining a great stretch.”
“I was pleasantly surprised with how simple and easy to use this product is. I definitely feel like I’m getting a solid workout with very little stress. It does feel very stable, too. A smart buy if you’re looking to get in shape or maintain good fitness.”
“I definitely got the best ab workout than I have from any other inflatable device. Love that it doesn’t roll out from under you. It feels easier to get and keep my balance on this core fitness trainer, unlike the large round balls. I spent more time trying not to fall off the ball than actually working out. Now I can spend a lot less time getting a safe, killer workout!”